Keynote speeches and some other invited talks given by Sandro Carrara
1. Memristive Nano-Sensors: the Birth of a New Field, IEEE International Conference on Sensors and Nanotechnology, 24-25 July 2019, Pulau Pinang (Malaysia)
2. Bio/Nano/CMOS interfaces for Remote Monitoring of Human Metabolism, IEEE NGCAS international Conference, Genoa, Italy, 7-9 September 2017
3. Integration of Bio/Nano/CMOS interfaces with Fluidics for Remote Monitoring of Human Metabolism, workshop "Fundamentals and Applications of Microfluidic Compartmentalization", funded by OIST, June 12-17, 2017, Okinawa, Japan.
4. Bio/CMOS interfaces for Ultrasensitive Memristive Biosensors, IEEE International Conference on Modern Circuits and Systems Technologies (MOCAST), Thessaloniki, Greece, 4-6 May, 2017
5. Fully implantable devices for Remote Monitoring of Human and Animal Metabolism (Plenary Talk), IEEE MeMeA, International IEEE Symposium on Medical Measurements and Applications, Benevento, Italy, May 15-16, 2016
6. Remote Metabolism Monitoring in Animal Models and Humans, IEEE PRIME Conference, Glasgow, UK, 1-3 July 2015.
7. The IronIC project: new perspectives in Human Metabolism Telemetry (Plenary talk), CMOS Emerging Technology Research Conference, Grenoble, France, July 6-8, 2014
8. A tiny laboratory under the skin, PhyCS, International Conference on Physiological Computing Systems, organized in conjunction with Sensornets 2014, January 7-9, 2014, Lisbon, Portugal
9. Integrated Bio-Nano-CMOS-Sensors for Remote Monitoring of Human Metabolism toward Applications in Personalized Medicine, Keynote talk for Theme 3 at IEEE EMBC’13, the 35th Annual International Conference of IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, held in Osaka (Japan), July 3-7. 2013
10. Electrochemical biosensors and Biomedical Circuits and Systems, 13th Topical Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry, Pretoria, South Africa, April 7-10, 2013 Africa 2013
11. Emerging Bio/Nano/Micro/CMOS Technologies for Human Telemetry, International Conference on Emerging Technologies: Micro to Nano-2013 (ETMN-2013)" held in KK Birla Goa campus, Goa, India 23-24 February 2013
12. CMOS integration of Nano-Bio-Sensors, CIMTEC 2012 - 4th International Conference on Smart Materials, Structures and Systems, Montecatini Terme, Italy, on June 10 to 14, 2012,
13. New Insights in Cell-Cultures Continuous-Monitoring by Nano-Bio-Technology for Sensing and Imaging, Cell Culture 2012, International Conference, San Diego, CA (US), 2nd-3rd February 2012.
14. New Insights in Nano-Bio-Technology for Stem-Cell Monitoring and future perspectives in Organ-Assisting Devices, BIT Life Sciences' 2nd Annual World Congress of Nanomedicine (Nanomedicine 2011), Shenzhen, China, Nov. 3-6, 2011.
15. Nanotechnologies, Biomaterials, and CMOS Systems for Low-Cost Medical Diagnostics in Developing Countries, Electrochem 2011, Electrochemical Science and Technology UK Forum c/o University of Bath, UK, 5th-6th September, 2011.
16. Thin Films of Carbon Nanotubes and their Applications for Nano-Bio-Sensing in Personalized Therapy, 12th European Conference on Organized Film, Sheffield, UK, 10-20 July, 2011
17. Telemetry of the Human Metabolism: New Concept in Fully-Implantable and Remotely-Powered Nano-Biochip Array, BIT Life Sciences' 1st Annual World Congress of Nanomedicine (Nanomedicine 2010), Beijing (China), October 23-25, 2010
18. Nano-structured surfaces for bio-medical applications, World Congress on Surface Science of Interfaces -SEIA/APIC2010, Singapore, October, 20-22, 2010
19. New Nano-Bio-Chip Label-free technologies for Early detection of cancer markers, BIT's 2nd Annual Congress and Expo of Molecular Diagnostics (CEMD-2009), Beijing (China), November 19-21, 2009
20. New probe immobilizations by lipoate-diethalonamine or ethylene-glycol molecules for capacitance DNA chip. IEEE International Conference on Advanced Sensors and Interfaces - IWASI, Trani (Bari), June 2009
1. Ultrasensitive Memristive Biosensors, invited Tutorial provided to the IEEE International Conference for Measurements in Medical Applications (MeMeA), Istanbul (Turkey), June 27th, 2019
2. Bio/Nano/CMOS interfaces for Remote Monitoring of Human Metabolism, Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan, 31st June 2019. Lecture of the Distinguished Lecturers Program of the IEEE Sensors Council
3. Bio/Nano/CMOS interfaces for Remote Monitoring of Human Metabolism, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, 5th February 2019. Lecture of the Distinguished Lecturers Program of the IEEE Sensors Council
4. Bio/Nano/CMOS interfaces for Ultrasensitive Memristive Biosensors, DA Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications, Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India), 2nd November 2018. Lecture of the Distinguished Lecturers Program of the IEEE Sensors Council
5. Bio/Nano/CMOS interfaces for Remote Monitoring of Human Metabolism, University of Lorraine, Nancy, France, 28 September 2018. Lecture of the Distinguished Lecturers Program of the IEEE Sensors Council
6. Bio/Nano/CMOS interfaces for Ultrasensitive Memristive Biosensors, Summer School at the Instituto de Telecomunicaćões, Campus Universitário de Santiago, Aveiro, Portugal, Portugal, 4-6 June 2018. Lecture of the IEEE Distinguished Lecturers Program.
7. Bio/Nano/CMOS interfaces for Ultrasensitive Memristive Biosensors, Summer School at the Technical University of Dresden, Germany, 11-15 September 2017. Lecture of the IEEE Distinguished Lecturers Program
8. Bio/Nano/CMOS interfaces for Remote Monitoring of Human Metabolism, IEEE International Conference on Circuits and Systems, ISCAS 2017, Baltimore, 28-31 May, 2017
9. System-In-Package and System-On-Chip for Remote Monitoring of Human Metabolism, International IEEE Conference BioCAS 2016, Shanghai (China), 17-19 October 2016.
10. New perspectives in Telemetry of Metabolism, invited lecture to STAR-CAS 2015, a IEEE CAS outrech initiative on series of lectures on Advanced Research on Circuits and Systems, Pavia, 3-5 June 2015
11. Technologies for an Implantable Nano-Bio-Sensing Laboratory, Bioelectronics Tutorials Track at the IEEE Sensors Conference, Baltimore, November 2013 (Top 10 accessed presentations)
12. Research for short term technology transfer: low-cost technologies, Post conference Workshop on “Practical Electrochemical Sensors with Relevance to Africa” orgnized by the International Society of Electrochemistry (ISE) in Pretoria, South Africa, 11 April 2013
13. New Frontiers in Human Telemetry, distinguished guest speaker for BME Graduate Seminar Series, at the Electrical and Biomedical Engineering Program in the University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada 15th, November 2011
14. Memristors: A New Age in Electronics for Sensors and Memories, Tutorial Lecture to the Symposium and Summer School on Nano and Giga Challenges in Electronics, Photonics and Renewable Energy, Moscow - Zelenograd, Russia, September 1216, 2011
15. Developing subcutaneous fully implanted biochips for remote monitoring of human metabolism, 2nd Nanotera Workshop on Lab-on-chip & remote data analysis, held on June 14-15, 2010 at Gästehaus Nidelbad (Switzerland)
16. CMOS-Circuits/Samples Interface: Improvements by Nanotechnology in Label-Free Diagnostics, Tutorial at IEEE International Conference BioCAS, Beijing (China), November 26-29, 2009
17. CMOS-Circuits/Samples Interface: Improvements by Nanotechnology in Label-Free Diagnostics, IEEE ECCTD09, European Conference on Circuit theory and design, August, 23-27, 2009, Antalya (Turkey)
A selection of other invited talks
1. Bio/Nano/CMOS interfaces for
2. Bio/Nano/CMOS interfaces for Remote Monitoring of Human Metabolism, Sophia University, Tokyo (Japan), 31st June 2019
3. Bio/Nano/CMOS interfaces for Ultrasensitive Memristive Biosensors, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK, 28 June 2017. Lecture of the IEEE Distinguished Lecturers Program
4. Label-Free Ultrasensitive Memristive Aptasensor, memoCIS (COST action) workshop, Palma de Mallorca (Spain) September 16-17, 2016
5. Remote and Continuous Monitoring of Therapeutic Compounds in Human Fluids, Pierre Fabre (a Pharma industry), Toulouse (France), December, 2nd, 2016
6. System-In-Package and System-On-Chip for Remote Monitoring of Human Metabolism, first International Workshop uDSD (Ultra-small-sized Diagnostic Smart Devices) at the ICT Research Center, Jeju Island (South Korea) October 25th, 2016
7. Real-Time Detection of Biomolecules in Free-Moving Animals, AstraZeneca, Strategic Science Centre in Gothenburg, August 31st, 2016.
8. In-Vivo Validation of Fully Implantable Multi-Panel Devices for Remote Monitoring of Metabolism, invited talk, Biosensors & Bioelectronic Centre at Linköping University on 1st Sept, 2016
9. New Frontiers in Human Telemetry, Michigan State University, Lansing, US, September 2nd, 2014
10. A tiny laboratory under the skin, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Boston, November 8th, 2013
11. Integrated Bio-Nano-CMOS-Sensors for Remote Monitoring of Human Metabolism in Personalized Medicine, Imperial Collage, London, September 23rd 2013.
12. A tiny laboratory under the skin, Nestlé Institute of Health Science, Lausanne, June 13th, 2013
13. A tiny laboratory under the skin, 7th Medical Innovations Summit of the Royal Society of Medicine, London, June 8th 2013
14. New Frontiers in Human Telemetry, IMEC, Leuven, November 29, 2011
15. CMOS Imager++: integrating imaging and electrochemical detection for cell monitoring in biology, DIMES Workshop on Biological and Biomolecular Imaging: A VLSI Perspective, at Technical University of Delft, Delft (NL), December 12th, 2011,
16. New Memristive Devices for High-Density Biomorphic Networks and Biosensors, Russian Academy of Biomedical Science, Moscow, September 15th, 2011
17. Telemetry of the Human Metabolism: New Concept in Fully-Implantable and Remotely-Powered Nano-Biochip Array, Johns Hopkins University, April 5, 2011,
18. Manpower development initiatives in Applied Surface Science/Engineering in EPFL, Switzerland, and in Europe, Forum on Manpower Development in Applied Surface Science and Engineering, Singapore, 21 October 2010.
19. Developing subcutaneous fully implanted biochips for remote monitoring of human metabolism, University of California - Berkeley, California, July 14, 2010
20. New perspectives in Distributed Nano-Bio-Chip Systems for Personalized Therapy and Regenerative Medicine, Workshop on Bio-electronics at HK University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, November 24th, 2009
21. Nanotechnology Improvements in DNA and Protein based Biosensors, Opening Workshop for the Biosensors Competence Centre, VTT, Tampere, Finland, August, 18, 2008
22. Nanotechnology Improvements in Bio-sensing, Nestlé Research Center, Epalinges, August, 11, 2008
23. Nanochip Arrays: new tools for diagnostics and cell therapy, Research Centre EMPA, S. Gallen, June, 18, 2008